To get more specific information about individual projects and see which are most likely to impact your neighborhood, view the details listed under each major Capital Improvement Project (CIP) category below.
Cleaning and Lining of Cast Iron Water Mains
Clifton and North Arlington, New Jersey
NOTICE TO CLIFTON & NORTH ARLINGTON CUSTOMERS
Passaic Valley Water Commission is committed to providing our customers with high quality water and service. As part of our on-going improvement program, we are cleaning, lining, testing and disinfecting approximately 14,900 linear feet of 6 and 8-inch diameter water mains in Clifton along Greglawn Drive, Staudtmauer Drive, Avondale Avenue, Greenlawn Avenue, Broadale Avenue, Friar Lane, Weeks Court, Graydon Terrace, Albury Road, Notch Road and Broad Street. Work will begin on or around August 25th and will be completed by December 2015.
Starting around September 8th we will start cleaning, lining, testing and disinfecting approximately 2,600 linear feet of 6-inch diameter water mains in North Arlington along Bond Place, Belmont Avenue, Union Place, Renner Place, and Stratford Place. Work will be completed by December 2015.
Included with the Work, but not limited to, are the following:
- Saw-cut existing paving and excavate to expose piping. Complete all cuts into the existing mains as required for equipment access and bypass piping.
- Furnish and install new valves to replace all existing main line valves along mains being cleaned and lined unless otherwise directed by the Owner.
- Furnish and install new valves on the main line or to replace leaking or inoperative valves on adjacent streets (“sideline” valves) as required and as directed by the Owner.
- Furnish and install line stops and new valves if unable to isolate transmission mains from mains to be cleaned and lined where existing in-line valves are inoperable.
- Furnish, install, test, disinfect, maintain, protect and remove bypass piping of sufficient diameter and strength to maintain the service flow conditions specified and required throughout the construction period.
- Backfill of trenches and placement of temporary paving.
- Furnish services of an independent consultant to measure the actual Hazen-Williams “C” factor upon completion of the cleaning and lining operation.
- Video-inspect completed mains in locations directed by Owner.
- Complete restoration and cleanup in all areas disturbed by construction.
PLEASE WATCH YOUR STEP
Our Contractor must dig in the street in order to clean and line water mains and replace gate valves. Temporary mains will also be run along the curb. Please watch your step and ask your children not to play in the work areas.
INCONVENIENCE IS TEMPORARY – IMPROVEMENT IS PERMANENT
We understand that this project may cause some inconvenience. We will make every effort to minimize the disturbance and will work closely with local police and officials to reduce traffic problems.
IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS
Please call our customer service number at (973) 340-4300 during regular working hours. During off hours and on the weekends, please call our contractor’s emergency contact number at 201-983-2299.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation. These improvements will help us to continue to give you dependable water service.
7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Passaic Valley Water Commission
1525 Main Avenue
Clifton, NJ 07011
By calling Customer Service 973-340-4300 at any time, day or night, Passaic Valley Water Commission will respond to water emergency situations for you.