Homes built before 1986 are more likely to have plumbing containing lead or lead solder. New homes may also have lead. Even brass faucets, fittings, and valves, including those advertised as “lead-free” may contain some lead.
Your local building/code department may be able to provide you with information about building permit records that may contain information on your home’s plumbing materials.
Please call your local municipal office:
• Clifton Building Department: 973-470-5809
• Lodi Building Department: 973-859-7410
• North Arlington Construction Department: 201-991-6060 ext. 111
• Passaic Department of Housing: 973-365-5615
• Paterson Division of Community Improvements: 973-321-1232
• Prospect Park Building Department: 973-970-7902 ext. 524