(Clifton, N.J. – July 18, 2023) – During these hot summer months, Passaic Valley Water Commission (PVWC) reminds customers to be mindful of how they use water. PVWC understands the importance of conserving water…that’s why we’re sharing tips on how to do so:
- Fix leaks: Even the smallest drips add up, so it’s important to fix leaks as soon as possible.
- Use a low-flow showerhead: By using a low-flow showerhead, you can reduce water usage.
- Turn off the tap: When brushing your teeth, shaving, or washing dishes, turn off the tap when you do not need the water running.
- Do not let the water run to clean vegetables: Fill a bowl or pot with water to wash your vegetables.
- Only wash full loads: Whether it’s laundry or dishes, only run the washing machine or dishwasher when they’re full.
Following these quick and easy steps can helps us conserve water over the summer months and helps us to be better prepared if a drought should occur in New Jersey.