GENERAL INFORMATION ON WATER QUALITY AND WATER EDUCATION
Numerous sources of information are available regarding water quality and water quality issues. Listed below are some authoritative sources of information available on the internet.
• U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water: http://water.epa.gov/drink
• USEPA – Consumer Information: http://water.epa.gov/drink/info
• USEPA— Most Frequently Asked Questions: http://safewater.supportportal.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=23015
• U.S. Geological Survey (USGS): http://www.usgs.gov
• USGS – The USGS Water Science School: http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu
• New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP), Division of Water Supply and Geoscience: http://www.nj.gov/dep/watersupply
• NJDEP – Water Conservation and Protection: http://www.nj.gov/dep/watersupply/dwc_conserv.html
• American Water Works Association (AWWA): http://www.awwa.org
• AWWA – Water Conservation Resource Community: http://www.awwa.org/resources-tools/water-knowledge/water-conservation.aspx
• AWWA – DrinkTap.org (water quality and conservation information): http://www.drinktap.org
• NJ Section of AWWA (NJ-AWWA): http://www.njawwa.org
• Water Research Foundation (WaterRF): http://www.waterrf.org/Pages/Index.aspx
• National Rural Water Association (NRWA): http://www.nrwa.org
• Association of Metropolitan Water Agencies (AMWA): http://www.amwa.net/
Listed below are some links providing information geared to children.
• NASA Climate Kids – What is the Water Cycle?
• USGS Science For A Changing World – The Fundamentals of the Water Cycle
• Easy Science For Kids – The Water Cycle
• Science Struck: Water Cycle – An Easy Explanation for Kids
7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Passaic Valley Water Commission
1525 Main Avenue
Clifton, NJ 07011
By calling Customer Service 973-340-4300 at any time, day or night, Passaic Valley Water Commission will respond to water emergency situations for you.