PVWC is currently hiring for the following positions:
Passaic Valley Water Commission (PVWC) has earned a reputation for providing high-quality drinking water to over 750,000 people in over 45 communities. PVWC is a public agency owned by Passaic, Paterson, Clifton and governed by 7 board of Commissioners. The Little Falls Treatment Plant’s main source of water is the Passaic and Pompton Rivers. PVWC distribute water up 75mgd.
We are offering an excellent opportunity for you be part of a community centered organization by joining our Operations team – well known for providing the community we serve with exceptional quality water.
The Water Treatment Operator has the responsibility for the health and well being of the community. The Operator’s main job is to produce safe and pleasant drinking water. Operators monitor each system through SCADA controls and visit each site regularly to assure they are working properly. Some essentials duties are listed below.
- Addition of coagulants for organic removal.
- Chlorine / Ozone used for disinfection to destroy disease causing organisms.
- Monitor operating conditions, pumps, meters, and gauges.
- Grab sampling to assure analyzers used to monitor the plant processes are accurate.
- Collect and test water samples for State reporting. Record and document operational data.
- Inspect, clean and maintain equipment on a regular basis;
- Monitor filter beds (backwashing) as needed.
- Monitor chemical tanks for inventory control.
- Follow EPA regulations and ensure safety standards are met.
- Little Falls Water Treatment Plant is a 24/7 operation so shift work is required.
- HS diploma supplemented with a New Jersey Water Treatment Operator Level 1 (T-1) certification or higher.
- Qualified candidates without a T-1 license must complete a one-year Operator class and obtain a T-1 license within 1.5yrs.
- Have an aptitude for computers (SCADA systems).
- A valid driver’s license is also required.
- A college degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematical field, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position.
- This position requires knowledge and experience of regulations related to municipal water treatment systems.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a Water Treatment Operation Level 2 or higher, and a commitment to improving knowledge and skills in water treatment plant production.
Salary range: Depending on credentials ($40,000 to $60,000 to start)
Closing Date: Open until filled
PVWC offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, basic life and long-term disability coverage and retirement plans including enrollment into NJ’s public employees’ retirement system (PERS).
How to Apply: Qualified candidates are requested to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PVWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law.
7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Passaic Valley Water Commission
1525 Main Avenue
Clifton, NJ 07011
By calling Customer Service 973-340-4300 at any time, day or night, Passaic Valley Water Commission will respond to water emergency situations for you.