What do you know about Lead?
- Lead is not present in the water PVWC supplies our customers.
- Only about 20% of the risk of lead contamination comes from water. The rest comes from lead paint, soil, dust, toys, etc.
- Lead can enter the water when it is in contact with lead pipes, plumbing or fixtures for long periods of time
- Steps you can take to reduce your exposure to lead:
- If the water hasn’t been used for several hours, run the water for 2 minutes to flush out lead.
- Use cold water for cooking and preparing baby formula.
- Do not boil water to remove lead. Boiling water will not reduce lead.