Access to information concerning the conduct of the people’s business is a fundamental and necessary right of every person in this state. To assist the public in making requests for disclosable public records under the Open Public Records Act (OPRA) (N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1 et seq.), PVWC has developed this procedure for making a public records request.
- PVWC has developed a Public Records Request Form to assist the public in providing the necessary information to promptly process a request. The completed form should be e-mailed to PVWC’s Records Administrator Louis Amodio at email@example.com. If requested, PVWC will assist you in making focused and effective requests for identifiable records.
- You will be notified within (7) days whether PVWC prepares, owns, uses, or retains records as described in the request. If PVWC requires additional time to gather and prepare the documents, you will be given an estimate of the length of time necessary to process the request.
- When the records search is complete, you will be notified and provided an opportunity to make an appointment to review the records. If a copy of the record is requested, you will also be notified of the process to obtain copies. PVWC may require a deposit against costs for reproducing documents sought through an anonymous request whenever PVWC anticipates that the documents requested will cost in excess of $5 to reproduce.
- Where a special service charge is warranted under OPRA, that amount will be communicated to you as required under the statute. You have the opportunity to review and object to the charge prior to it being incurred. If, however, you approve of the fact and amount of the special service charge, you may be required to pay a deposit or pay in full prior to reproduction of the documents.
- If a response is not received within four weeks from the time PVWC sends a notice of records availability, PVWC will consider the request abandoned.
- Please make sure to fill out the form in full. Missing information may cause a delay in the process